“Angular 2 VS React”. This comparison is being chuntered on greatly since Angular 2 came in the market. Angular 2 is a beta version of Angular 1 which was released on 15th of September 2016. Whereas React became top of the social networking websites hot favorite list in May 2016. Let us discuss their disparity and try to conclude the result of this technology war.
Angular 2 is a not just an upgrade of AngularJS 1 but it’s a complete rewrite of the previous version. It is not an MVC framework but rather a component based framework in which an application is in a tree loosely coupled components. Its code is more easy and concise and reliable than any other framework so far which comes with almost everything you need to build a complicated frontend web or mobile apps, from powerful templates to fast rendering, data management, HTTP services, form handling, and surpassing features.
Nothing is perfect in this world. Every picture has two sides hence the man-made things have disadvantages beside advantages. So, let us discuss drawbacks of Angular 2 and React.
DRAWBACKS OF ANGULAR 2:
Disadvantages of Angular 2 are listed below:
- Its syntax is dense and larger in size.
- Developers and designers find.
- It lags User Interface design.
- In Angular 2 we don’t have the ability to compose many NG-apps on the same page. This can cause name clashes.
DRAWBACKS OF REACT:
Disadvantages of React are given as follows:
- It is only a view layer.
- Configuration is needed when React is integrated to any traditional framework (for example Rails).
- It is good for only single page applications.
Every new coming technologies and software supports try to be best than all other previously introduced versions. Hence let us discuss advantages of Angular 2 and React separately.
ADVANTAGES OF ANGULAR2:
- It provides more options and functionalities which are out of the box which helps the application developer to takehotfoot decisions and to jumpstart the development.
- It does not require Type Script like react.
- It is a careful, methodical reinvention of a mature and comprehensive framework.
- Angular 2 provide templates which store markup in a string or a separate HTML file so that no social tooling support is required.
- The components that are built in Angular 2 are much easier to convert into plain, native web components than the components of React.
- It cannot detect the change detection efficiently.
ADVANTAGES OF REACT:
- It is smaller in size as compared to Angular 2 and much more efficient.
- React has become so popular that tooling support is rarely a problem today.
- It is best for SEO.
- It is extremely easy to write UI test cases in React because the virtual DOM system implemented entirely in JS.
By all the above discussion, we cannot specifically differentiate that which one is better. It depends upon the requirements of the required application. Both of them are used for their own domains. For example, if you need high end application with beautiful templates and heavy applications, you can opt for Angular 2. Whereas, contrary to this if you need an application which is one page application such as many social applications you can chose React.